Airbag Non-Deployment Injuries in UT
Let Our Salt Lake City Auto Defect Attorneys Help You Hold the Automaker Liable for Your Injuries
In the event of a car accident, both front and side-impact airbags are designed to deploy after a collision, Airbags offer supplement protection that works best when seat belts are also used, reducing the chance that your head or upper body will hit the vehicle’s steering wheel, dashboard, or side window during a crash.
As we learned with the recent massive Takata Airbag Recall, the equipment we rely on to keep us safe in an accident, sometimes fails, or worse, can cause further injury.
If you or a loved one was injured after an airbag failed to deploy in a car accident, our Salt Lake City product liability attorneys at Cutt, Kendell & Olson can help you hold the auto manufacturer liable for their defective auto parts. Since 2000, we have recovered more than $500 million on behalf of our clients, whether we obtained compensation from settlements, arbitration, and verdicts.
Why Did an Airbag Fail to Deploy?
In general, a signal is sent from the airbag system’s electronic control unit to the airbag module’s inflator. Then the inflator’s igniter starts a chemical reaction that produces a harmless gas to instantly inflate the airbag. However, there are several reasons why airbags are not deployed in a car accident.
The following are common reasons for airbag non-deployment:
- The type of crash – The nature of the collision is considered a significant factor. Depending on where your car was hit, airbag sensors might not have been set off. This typically occurs when frontal airbags are not released during a side-impact collision or rollover accident.
- Defective airbag sensors – If an airbag fails to deploy, it could be possible the sensors failed to properly detect the airbag or the collision itself. This is caused by inadequate design, testing, or installation of these sensors and even failure in calibration or software.
- Defective electrical parts – The electrical components or wiring are responsible for communicating impact signals to the airbags. When these electrical parts are defective, failures can occur.
- Severed wiring – Sometimes, manufacturers route wires through areas of the vehicle that make them vulnerable to severing. When these wires are damaged or severed, the impact signals cannot reach the airbag module.
- Airbag module defects – The airbag module itself could be defective, especially if it fails to respond to the impact signals.
Call (801) 901-3470 to Get Started On Your Case Today
Our Salt Lake City product liability lawyers can investigate your accident, collect evidence to determine if a defect exists, and create a strong case strategy to maximize your entitled compensation. We offer our clients compassionate and personalized legal solutions to ensure they get effective legal help necessary while they take time to heal.
For more information, contact us and schedule a free consultation today.
Margie Coles was wonderful and hardworking. This firm's performance on my behalf was definitely 5 stars, from the receptionist to the name partner who represented me.- Paul S.
I hope I don't need to use CKO and Christopher Higley again, but I have already recommended them/him to a close friend and would recommend again to others.- M.
I highly recommend the firm. It is conformed by a team of highly ethical and professional attorneys who resolved my case favorably in a fair and efficient way; with a special mention to Lena Daggs and Eric Olson.- Victor Lopez
Mr. Morris handled our case with extreme professionalism and was very quick to get us updates.- Clint Wright
She was non-intimidating, explained all of the legal information well and answered all of our questions. She was professional, knowledgeable, patient and pleasant to work with.- Jill
He took over the legal process for our family, so we could focus on helping our injured child to heal. We will never be able to express our gratitude for how he helped us through a very difficult and overwhelming process with positive results.- Former Client
Nate and Chris have been absolutely amazing to work with. I couldn't have asked for a better pair of attorneys to work on my case.- Kevin Bell
He always had great advice for our family and we put our trust into him and he got everything we deserved for our case. Our family will definitely refer Jordan and his firm.- Angie