Margie G. Coles
Margie has worked in litigation for over 20 years – beginning her career as a paralegal and continuing as a licensed attorney. Margie is licensed to practice in the Utah State Courts and United States District Courts.
Margie has experience in cases ranging simple to complex, including numerous cases that have resolved for six and seven figures. No case is too small, nor too big. Margie has worked on all phases of a case, from the initial client consultation through trial. Margie practices exclusively in plaintiff personal injury and wrongful death cases with firm founding partner, David A. Cutt.
Margie enjoys copious amounts of coffee, spending time with her family and dogs, and exploring Utah’s beautiful mountains and waterways.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Personal Injury Law, Dog Bites, Wrongful Death
- Utah State Bar, 2017 - Present
- Mountain States Rising Stars, 2021-2023
- Excellence in Pro Bono and Community Service, 2014
- Vice-Chair, Utah Association for Justice Women’s Caucus 2022
- Women's Caucus Corner: Do I Have to Get Dressed? 2022
- Putative Fathers: Are They Entitled to Parental Rights, Really? 2013
PROFESSIONAL SPEAKING EVENTS
- 11/18/21 Presentation - Auto Injury Litigation, From Start to Finish
- 02/22/21 Judge – ABA 2021 Arbitration Competition National Finals
- 11/07/19 Presentation - HiTech Compliance, Violations, and Remedies
- 11/13/18 Presentation - Working up a Personal Injury Case
Our Clients Come First
$16,400,000 Truck Accident Verdict
Jury verdict awarded for an 11-year-old boy whose family was killed in a car accident with an out-of-control semitrailer.
$14,500,000 Medical Malpractice Verdict
Jury verdict for a premature baby that suffered an anemic shock episode, which resulted in a serious and permanent brain injury.
$13,500,000 Spinal Cord Injury Settlement
Young woman paralyzed in a rollover accident.
$12,500,000 Product Liability Settlement
Woman suffered a brain injury in an accident that happened after a tire failed and the vehicle rolled off the freeway.
$4,250,000 Workplace Accident Settlement
Settlement for premature delivery of a baby boy in result of an accident involving his mother at the warehouse where she worked.
$3,000,000 Legal Malpractice Settlement
Settlement on behalf of four adult males who were the victims of legal malpractice committed by a large Salt Lake City law firm.