Skip to Content
Utah Personal Injury Attorneys 801-901-3470

Are There Any Special Requirements When Filing a Lawsuit Involving Road Construction?

There are special requirements that you need to be aware of for filing a lawsuit involving road construction because you're bringing in governmental entities. Claims in Utah against governmental entities are governed by the governmental immunity act. There are special things that you need to do to file a notice of claims with the state or the governmental agency of issue prior to filing the lawsuit.

If you're involved in an accident with road construction, this isn't the sort of claim that you want to try to do on your own. You need an experienced attorney who knows the governmental immunity issues that you're going to have to address, but also who's familiar with the manual and uniform traffic control devices regulating the traffic control plans that will be an issue in these cases.

Any governmental opponent in a lawsuit will almost certainly put substantial legal and expert resources to work in its defense, making it critical to contact an attorney with experience and a strong track record of success. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident due to the road construction, contact our firm for a free consultation.